Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

I have a small red circle on my thigh. Could it be ring

I have a small red circle on my thigh. Could it be ring worm? Also after I placed a bandaid I got a reaction from it.

Associated itching,pain,swelling?

Any visible blisters around the circle?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attached is a picture of it. Just saw and believe I got it today. No itching or swelling or pain. The bandaid issue has seemed to go away now its just the small circle.

Thanks for providing more information.

Well ringworm is a possible cause in your case.

Ringworm is a common cause of a flat red area, and we would expect the area in the center to become more pink as the ring spreads.

I would suggest ten days of clotrimazole or miconazole 1% cream twice daily to see if it helps.

Ringworm can be contagious so wash your hands,avoid sharing clothes,bedsheets,towels,etc.

Other possible causes may include Granuloma Annulare and Erythema Annulare Centrifugum that are two conditions that look like ringworm.

If you have history of tick bite then this circle can be associated with it and you shouldn't ignore it and consult a doctor ASAP.

And if your symptoms 'll get worse over the time then consult a dermatologist for skin scraping for further evaluation and management.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Does this look like something to be concerned for. I suffer from anxiety disorder and afraid this could trigger it.

Well it's good to see your regular doctor for a clinical examination as if it is ringworm then it can be contagious.

So make an appointment with your doctor.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Dr. I'm sorry one last question. In your opinion does this look like an insect bite...flea...spider anything of that sort?

Well as there is no associated itching,swelling and pain so chances of insect bite are less.

If your area have ticks then tick bite can be a possible cause.

I hope this helps.

Thank you.

Thank you.