How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5581
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a question regarding my toe. It hurts when I walk.

This answer was rated:

I have a question regarding my toe. It hurts when I walk.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Do you have pain in big toe while you walk?
Do you such symptoms in both toes?
Have you noticed swelling/discoloration?
Any other health or medical problems ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It was very painful last week, now it just comes and goes
Sarah, Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Well, it can occur due to Gout or Rheumatoid arthritis.
Gout occur due to excess of uric acid build up in blood. This happens when body produces extra acid or does not eliminate enough, or if you eat too many foods with purines, such as liver and dried bean.
Gout is a disorder of high uric acid deposit in the joints and can result in toe pain.
You need to get serum uric acid and complete blood count test for diagnosis. You also need x-ray of toes to check for arthritis.
A complete clinical examination and tests have to be done for precise diagnosis.
Line of treatment is- Physical therapy, Anti- inflammatory medications. Also Corticosteroids pills can be prescribed by doctor. For Gout, Colchicine, may also be used for long-term treatment.
I would recommend that you visit Orthopedician for clinical evaluation and get it managed. If pain is severe, then please don't delay and get it managed in ER.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Josh and other Health Specialists are ready to help you