How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5551
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a 25 yrs old guy and I recently noticed a small lump

This answer was rated:

Hello, I'm a 25 yrs old guy and I recently noticed a small lump under my right armpit which is soft and seems to move as I flex my arms.
I am pretty active and play sports but recently I started lifting weights as well. However, I'm not sure if this lump has just formed recently or it has existed for some time without me having taking notice.
What are the next steps that I should take?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Is lump painful to touch?
Any other health or medical problems?
Are you on any medications?
Has lump increased in size with time?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is lump painful to touch?


Any other health or medical problems?

I have gynecomastia around my left nipple but its not severe and difficult to make out but it is hard and painful to touch unlike the lump under the armpit. However, doctor's have said it is nothing to worry about.

Are you on any medications?

None, except iron, zinc and protein supplements (whey and casein)

Has lump increased in size with time?

I just recently noticed it but I assume it has been there for sometime.

Thanks for all these additional details.I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Having a lump in the area of lymph nodes is always taken to be a lymph node unless proven otherwise.
It can also be benign lesion arising from fat(lipoma)or muscle(myoma).
You need to get it physically examined by your Primary Doctor and get a Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology (FNAC) done. This will tell us the nature of the lymph node and point towards a more definitive diagnosis.Usually results are available after 3 days depending upon the laboratory's protocols. It is a very sensitive test for lymph nodes and gives the diagnosis is almost all the cases.
For the time, You can take Motrin, this may relieve discomfort if any. You should not try to prick the lump.Please consult your doctor for clinical checkup and get appropriate management.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Josh and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you