Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Just got scolded my the GI dr. He says all my symptoms are

Just got scolded my the...
Just got scolded my the GI dr. He says all my symptoms are caused by my purging.
3/20/2013
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Have you been doing that a lot during this last bout of stomach problems?
A couple times but not a lot
What else did he have to say?
That he wants to do another ct. That hes done all he can. Anf until im ready to stop purging im going to feel like crap
Well any purging doesn't help but a couple of times wouldn't have caused all your problems. Did you ask him this time specifically what he thinks the ct will show him?
He said he wants to order it to see if he can find any causes of my abdominal pain. I told him i wasnt doing another ct
I agree you don't need another one. Have you talked any more to your surgeon relative?
He still says i need to be rescoped. He also told me to take the pepcid ac but the gi dr told me absolutley not to take it. The gi dr thinks i need to go to mayo. The gi dr also said i have a very poor quality of life
Poor quality of life?
I dont know what he meant. He said i have poor quality life and noone should live like that
Well I do agree on the scoping and maybe the Mayo would be best for you all around--not only for the GI issue but to discuss the other problems with them
Other problems?
The eating disorder and the other psychological things
But i like the providers at the clinic i work at
Just a suggestion but at least they'd be best for the GI part
My gi dr said he cant justify scoping me again. He was so rude today. The mayo clinic is 5 hours away feom where i live
Well, work something out with your surgeon uncle
Do you honestly think i need to be rescoped?
Because?
We're chatting again--already told you--especially to find the source of the bleeding and hopefully do something about that
How does someone cut ties with people without hurting peoples feelings
As in who?
Marty, my parents, and maybe my mom figure
Well let's stick with Marty here--you just tell him you can't see him any more and that you don't feel comfortable or safe around him and leave it at that. One thing you have to do is to stop putting others before yourself especially when your safety and serenity are involved.
What do i do if he gets angry with me
You tell him he has to deal with it and that you will get a restraining order against him if he doesn't respect your wishes
But he doesnt care about restraining orders
He will if you get one and call the police if he breaks the rules
Are you sure about this
Absolutely
Growing up i was taught that guys can do whatever they want to me. This is all hard
Let's not get into what you were taught--you were taught wrong. And hard as it may seem you either choose to do it or choose to keep things the same
I know i have to choose
That was a useless line--it wasn't a response at all
How do you get a restraining order
Talk to a lawyer
What do i do if he forces me to have sex again
Talk to a lawyer now. Don't let him in the house and call the cops if he tries to get in
If it does happen again do i have to go to the er for an exam
Only if you want to press rape charges.
Should i if it happens again
I'd tell you to but it won't happen if you get the restraining order and not let him near you
Promise?
Can i ask you a dumb question
Sure
How long until it stops hurting?
What stops hurting?
What marty did
Hard to say--you really should get it looked at since you could have an anal fissure or a sphincter tear
No thanks
Nothing more to say then and this page has gone on long enough--two separate subjects
Sorry. I will rate the question. How would they look at it
Well it might only take an external exam and a digital exam but it may take a procstoscope to look further in
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Is it going to hurt? Can it wait until tomorrow? What do i tell my dr?
It can wait and it shouldn't be too painful. You don't have to say what happened just that you're having pain down there
Very last question. Should i just tell my dr what happened? Is he required to notify law enforcement
No he isn't required to notify the police but it would be best to tell him what happened
If i open a new page can i tell you what happened
Was blocked out on this page--go ahead and start another one
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)