Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

For the past 4 days my stomach's been kind of rolling and

For the past 4 days...

For the past 4 days my stomach's been kind of rolling and gurgly. I pass gas in hopes that I don't mess myself. I've also had sort of explosive diarrhea. I almost didn't make it to the toilet earlier. Before I have to use the bathroom, my stomach cramps to the point I have to stop what I'm doing and let it pass and hurry and pray I make it to the bathroom. My stools have been very soft, separated and it is almost as if I pass gas more than I actually do anything else. I've not taken anything because I've been hoping whatever was in my system would pass and just let nature take its course. But after four days of explosive diarrhea type stools, I'm beginning to get worried. Help please!!

3/20/2013
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:
Is there any episode of vomiting?
Is there any blood in stool?
Have you eaten out recently?
I am online and is waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

no vomiting. no blood in stool as far as i know. sarurday morning i woke up, took a shower, and as soon as i got out it hit me. and its been pretty much been the same since. the night before i had a frozen pizza for dinner as i work 2nd shift.

Dear Addy,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:
The symptoms you are having can be due to a condition called gastroenteritis what you call as stomach flu.Gastroenteritis is the irritation and inflammation of the digestive tract.
Its most common causes are:Food poisoning, viral infections, food allergies, improper diet, and intestinal parasites or bacterial infections.This may last from several hours to several days and a prescription medication may be required.
You can take the following medications:
-Tab.Acetaminophen for relief from cramps.
-Take tab.Ranitidine(Zantac) 150 mg twice a day to get relief from gastric trouble/gas.
-Take tab. Loperamide to stop the diarrhea & loose stools.
All these medications are available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help you greatly.
If still the symptoms persists,then you need to go to ER as tests & antibiotics will be prescribed accordingly.Do not forget to drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.
Hope this helped
Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Thank you for using just answer website.
Kind Regards-
Dr Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor

well to get this to hopefully calm down ive been drinking gatorade, water, green tea. i just took two gas pills and a pepcid ac. been keeping my same diet and my appetite has not changed. other than the worrysome bowel movements and gurglt stomach i feel fine and i have been doing the pinch test to ensure im not dehydrated.

Dear Addy,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.
Yes,its good to know that you are drinking gatorade,water,green tea to avoid dehydration.
As you have taken gas pills & pepcid,this will help you greatly in gastric trouble.But to stop the diarrhea,you need to take the Loperamide to stop the diarrhea & loose stools.
Don't take solid diet.Let your stomach rest for few days after food poisoning.Take liquid diet.Gradually increase the amount of liquid.Try clear liquids such as flat ginger ale or white soda, broths, popsicles, or apple juice.These will provide an oral source of fluids that are easily absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract.If clear liquids are tolerated, you can start to introduce solid foods.
Hope this helped
My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.
Kind Regards-
Dr Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor