Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
6554558

I am taking Levaquin for a bad sinus infection....just

I am taking Levaquin for a bad sinus infection....just started today. I now have a low grade fever up to 100 degrees. Is it ok to take Excedrin Extra Strength for fever and body aches? Also, what about a cough medicine? I am on Azor for high blood pressure also. Are there any interactions with anything?
Dear customer,
I am Dr.Charles and I’m happy to help with your question today .I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:
Are you having cough with sputum?
Is there any breathing discomfort?
I am online and is waiting for your reply.
Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am having cough, but its mostly dry. SOmetimes it has phlegm in it, no blood. Yes, it hurts my chest when I cough since I have been coughing for so long. My lungs feel raw almost.

Dear customer,
Thanks for the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:
Excedrin Extra Strength is a combination pain reliever that contains acetaminophen,aspirin, and caffeine.
Levaquin has no interaction with excedrin extra strength.Also there is no interaction with your blood pressure medication Azor.
The only expectorant available in OTC products is guaifenesin (some brand names: Mucinex, Robitussin Chest Congestion).So I advice you to take mucinex cough syrup,it will help you greatly & is available as OTC without prescription.
There is no interaction between these medications.They can be safely taken together & these will help you greatly.
Hope this helped
Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Thank you for using just answer website.
Kind Regards-
Dr Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

When will the antibiotic kick in and make me feel better? I just had a stomach infection/flu last week, and now this sinus thing.

Dear customer,
I am happy to answer your follow up question.
Levaquin can begin to work in as little as 24 hours depending on the severity of the bacterial infection.In typical bacterial infections, the medication can being working in 48 hours.As you have started it today,it will start working by tommorrow.
So the bot***** *****ne is that this antibiotic will start working within 24-48 hours.
Hope this helped
My main motive is your satisfaction.If you still have any questions in mind,please feel free to ask.
Kind Regards-
Dr Charles
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok, thank you for your help. I feel relieved knowing I can take something for these body aches and fever.

Dear customer
Yes,definitely this will help you & all these medications are available as over the counter(OTC) without prescription.Levaquin will start acting by tomorrow.
Also please do not forget to rate my answer as this is the only way by which an expert can get credit for his work.
Kind Regards-
Dr Charles