A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
3157612

Iam 63. MYBlood test repors are like this ESR 28MM TOTOL

Iam 63. MYBlood test repors are like this ESR 28MM TOTOL COUNT12900 SERUMCREATJNE KINASE 1728IU/L, SGPT 90 SERUM CREAINE 0.9
I AM HAVING FEVER 100F SINCE 2 DAYS. ECHO DONE 4 DAYS BACK NORMAL ECG 7 DAYS BACK NORMAL PULSE RATE 90-100
I HAVE TAKING ATORVA ON OFF BUT LONG. LOSARTAN 29 MGM SINCE 10 DAYS
Category: Health
Expert:  A. Schuyler, NP replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to answer your question.

You mention that you've had a fever for 2 days. When were the blood tests done and why?

Do you have the lab normal results for each reading? Lab results will vary from lab to lab based on the equipment they use, so the normal range is needed to make sense of results.

You also mentioned "TOTOL COUNT12900." Total count of what?

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Schuyler

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my blood test was done on 6/3/2013. Since i had been taking atrovastatin drug and for 10 days Telemisartan , i thought to check up for side effects by blood tests.

creatine kinase normal value 190 my report 1728

sgpt normal 40 my report 90\

ESR NORMAL25 MY report 28

serum creatine Normal 1.3 My value 0.9

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have sent details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
EOEAL COUNT OF WBC

Thank you for supplying reference values for your lab.

Serum creatinine at my lab is 0.70-1.25, so 0.9 is certainly within normal range. The concern is when it is above 1.30, not below it.

Creatinine kinase (CK) will be up any time there is any inflammation anywhere in the body. That can come from autoimmune disease, excessive exercise that breaks down muscle fibers, a heart attack (the heart is a muscle). It can be high in rhabdomyolisis which sometimes occurs with use of a statin drug. However, you would not likely have this without muscle pain.

Sed rate (ESR) is another marker for inflammation. Like CK it is non-specific, so any increase must be evaluated in conjunction with the clinical picture and other more specific tests to determine what is inflamed.

SGPT is one of the liver enzymes. It is seldom of any concern until it is 2.5-3 times the upper limit of normal. If normal at your lab is 40, then over 100-120 would raise a red flag. At my lab, normal is 9-60 IU/L. It is also not usually the only liver enzyme elevated. Liver damage occurs from any number of different things including excess alcohol, some drugs, hepatitis, etc.

Increased WBC count can come from infections, drug reactions, an autoimmune disorder, allergies, or even anemia. It isn't high enough to be a large cause of concern.

Your medical provider will let you know what additional tests, if any, are required at this time.

Best regards,

Schuyler