How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My partner just got over an acute pancreantitis episode, now

This answer was rated:

my partner just got over an acute pancreantitis episode, now he is compaining about trouble urinating. he says the trouble started BEFORE the pancreantitis attack.
he also appears to have had suffered dehydration as a result of the pancreantitis.
he uses a cortiosteroidal inhaler WAY to much as far as I am concerned.
I saw that dehydration can cause urinary stones.. any advice for these systoms?
(he has no health insurance and WAS NOT treated for this episode, its his 3rd in 10 years)
Welcome and thanks for your question , your partner could have a previous condition, at his age , the most probable condition would be prostate gland hyperplasia ,prostatitis ( prostate gland inflammation) or prostate gland hypertrophy. Over the years , men could experience some prostate gland overgrowth ,affecting or blocking the urine outflow .
On his case , the pancreatitis could have produced a severe dehydration worsening his previous condition.
Besides these conditions ,there are other disorders that can produce urinating problems including : kidney disease, bladder inflammation, kidney stones , medications , urinary tract or kidney masses and /or urinary tract infections.
He should get medical help immediately specially if he is not urinating , which could produce the accumulation of toxic metabolites in his blood and further kidney damage .
The doctors will need to place a catheter into his bladder so he can urinate . They will perform some tests including : image tests, PSA , urine culture ,urine tests , GFR and kidney function tests to determine what specific disease is producing his symptoms so he can be treated properly .
He should not stay in the house , he must see a doctor , this could be serious.
There are public government clinics , walk- in clinic , he could also go to a low cost health center , in these centers , he does not need to have insurance and he will pay only what he can afford . Here is the link ,if he wants to find a health center in his area :
If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.
Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !
When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.
Dr. German and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you