How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17824
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I know if I need to be seen as soon as possible with

This answer was rated:

How do I know if I need to be seen as soon as possible with this condition. Would this be a 911 call. I have these spasms but they are gone in seconds and I don't have as much trouble breathing in the day (chest tightness, throat tightness). I am feeling better but now worried that maybe I need to move on this. I have been having these since 08/2012 and endoscopy is in 10 days can it wait?
Welcome to Just Answer.
How are you feeling now?
What are your symptoms at this moment?
Did you consult recently?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I feel fine. I only have a sore throat. I have some chest/throat tightness but breathing fine (97 oxygen). I have not had a nightly eposide in 2 nights so I thought I could wait for the scheduled endoscopy in 10 days. Not sure if what to do. Can the GI properly treat this issue? I read about ENT doctors. I have a pulmonary dtr but he did not pick up on this but said to see GI dtr and allergy/asthma dtr said to see GI too but they both had a CT scan they were reading as well. Anyways, I am confused on what to do.

Thank you Karen, for the information,

If you feel increasing difficulty in breathing, then you need to call 911 or go to ER.

As the spasm is subsiding & the breathing is easier in last 2 nights, then you can wait for endoscopy in 10 days.

Your oxygen saturation is also good.

You are right that consulting ENT doctor is also an option.

But GI doctor can look for reflux too.

I hope he will be able to diagnose it.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any further clarification.

If you are satisfied, please choose 4 / 5 rating / smiley face/Excellent/ACCEPT to compensate for my work and time.

Please click on REPLY TO EXPERT, if you have further questions.You can ask for details even after pressing button for 4 / 5 rating / smiley face/ ACCEPT.


Best Wishes.

Dr. Saha and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you