911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified Emergency Physician
19155615

Ok so I just had a baby last summer. My boyfriend and I have

Customer Question

Ok so I just had a baby last summer. My boyfriend and I have always had good sex. But when I got to be like 3 months pregnant my sex drive went away. I didn't even like having sex any more. Now my baby is 8 months and I'm just now some what getting my sex drive back but now I can't have an orgasm. And the things we used to do doesn't turn me on anymore. I can't even have an orgasm from oral sex. I'm getting frustrated. I can't cum from sex but I can from masturbating. I just wanna enjoy sex again with my boyfriend. Please help!!!
Category: Health
Expert:  911Doctor replied 4 years ago.
911Doctor :

Welcome, My answers are for educational purposes only. Remember please, that we do not get paid if you do not click 'accept' / give positive ratings!

911Doctor :

first of all you are not alone.

911Doctor :

before i begin my answer can you tell me if you have sought advice from a phsyician or counsellor regarding this issue?

Customer:

No I havent talked to anyone.

911Doctor :

you can view that at your leisure

911Doctor :

also

911Doctor :

there is almost certainly a psychological component to this problem

911Doctor :

this is evident because while you can bring yourself to orgasm

911Doctor :

your boyfriend can no longer do it

911Doctor :

as you can see from the above this is normal for months after delivery with many women

911Doctor :

so first some practical advice

911Doctor :

it may be possible, if you are comfortable with this, to bring yourself to the edge or orgasm, and then let your boyfriend complete the orgasm in whatever manner seems best

911Doctor :

this is a possible fix, as your brain will come to associate the orgasm with your boyfriend, whereas right now you associate it only with self stimulation

911Doctor :

it is also possible

911Doctor :

that this probem, being that it is going on 6 months now could be 'mechanical', meaning

911Doctor :

that after childbirth, the antomy of your gentialia, and your sensory nerves in and around the genitalia, are still recovering from the birth

911Doctor :

or

911Doctor :

this could be a largely psychological issue, perhaps

911Doctor :

a combination

911Doctor :

of frustration and anxiety surrounding your inability to have an orgasm like you did before

911Doctor :

and perhaps an unconscious fear of getting pregnant again

911Doctor :

if the latter is true, then a therapist, particularly a sex therapist, would be invaluable in restoring your ability to have an orgasm with your boyfriend

911Doctor :

but first things first, my initial advice.... bringing yourself to the point of orgasm and then allowing your boyfriend to complete it, could very well be a good fix if you do this regualarsly.... at some point you might find that you CAN have an orgasm without the self stimulation.

911Doctor :

I am standing by for your questions.

Customer:

thank you I will try that first and go from there.

911Doctor :

you are most welcome

911Doctor :

do you have any final questions for me?

911Doctor :

I need to run. I have a patient coming in. If you do have further questions you can type them in the box that will appear below after I leave this chat.

911Doctor :

oh, you are typing...

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer:

no i dont

911Doctor :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Be Well

911Doc