Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I need advice about something gyno and dermo. I have

Hi I need advice about...
Hi I need advice about something gyno and dermo.
I have constant pain like a bladder infection, but only on external. Anitbiotics didn't fix and it comes and goes. I've used vagisil, which only lasts so long. Shea butter is relief, but don't last. Monistat didn't actually make worse, but yeast gone and still hurt. I swim every day for my job and that is what makes it really hurt. I have to use vagisil to make it through work. My sister said stop washing so much with soap so I have been trying to do only one shower with soap a day and it helped, but still hurt.
Background knowledge is I started this after sleeping randomly with ex who just came back from Africa. Wierd though I always get bladder infection, but for a day he hurt too. We are each others only. Although done dating it happened, but we don't go around. I pushed so hard when it was like bladder infection, my bladder hurt. Then my back and I was constipated and still have some pain there, although actually good bowel movement at least no more rocks. Im sorry so graphic, but it seems less embarrassing by internet.
Any advice?
3/1/2013
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello.

Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Did you see a urologist for this?

Recent ultrasounds or CT done?

Urine culture?

No, I terrible insurance, doesn't even cover sick visits. It seems right now at least a skin problem.

Where exactly do you have this pain? Over the abdomen or around vagina?

Rash?

On the inner labia, I think its called. I do have acne on I think called pubis. I have ocd and have made this much worse by picking even to point of pulling most hairs around out recently. I have trichotillomania, but never did down there until now.

Thank you very much.

There are two main possibilities here.

First, this can be an infection, which is resistant to the action of drugs/antibiotics you have already taken. At this point, a swab from the affected area and subjecting it for culture will be very useful to identify the bug responsible for the infection, and this will also direct the use of specific antibiotic which will work best against it.

An allergic reaction is another possibility which may continue for months, and this is secondary to allergic response to particular undergarments, soaps, shampoos etc.

I can understand the insurance issues you have, but since this has been present for long, therefore its imperative to have this evaluated by your doctor.

Use pure cotton undergarments.

Use hypoallergic/baby soaps.

I hope this clarifies and answers your question.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions or clarifications any time.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

I know its not any STD. What other infection could it be?

There are large number of infections beside STD's.

Staph, E.coli, Stretococci, Pseudomonas, Klebsiella etc.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise.

It is ecoli, everytime I get a culture. It wasn't as painful and much longer this time though. I took Macrobid, which doesn't always work for me. Ecoli would have been too painful to go two weeks of in and out of pain with. So I dont think its that.

I said earlier I'm ocd and when I was younger I cut of one labia and so skin is always sore. Do you know if this could be why I get infections every time I have sex? Do you think I should bother with a doc when home remedies seem to take care of the moment?

No, at this point you should have this evaluated by a doctor instead of home remedies.

This needs a culture again, and also please note that every time the symptoms may not necessarily be the same.

Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor