Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

My baby is 13 months he doesn't have a desire to learn...

Hi my baby is 13...
Hi my baby is 13 months he doesn't have a desire to learn... Why?
3/1/2013
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor :

Welcome, My answers are for educational purposes only. Remember please, that we do not get paid if you do not click 'accept' / give positive ratings!

911Doctor :

I;'m not sure what you mean by 'doesn't have a desire to learn'

911Doctor :

But take a look at this link HERE as it gives a very good breakdown of stages of mental development for healthy infants and toddlers.

911Doctor :

If your child's pediatrician is not concerned about developmental delay, then I would take this as a very reassuring sign, and since YOU are concerned, I would definitely bring this up with your child's physician.

911Doctor :

My suspicion is, at 13 months, you may be overly concerned, but when you are able to enter the chat we can talk more about this.

911Doctor :

I am going to check back shortly for you.

911Doctor :

best

Customer: Ok thanks
911Doctor :

are you there?

Customer: Yea
911Doctor :

good

911Doctor :

can you be more specific about your concerns? have you brought them to your pediatrician's attention?

Customer: Yes well just asked if he was reaching his milestone. But kids younger then him no more like my cousin is 11 months and when u say what does a duck say he says quack quack
911Doctor :

i see

Customer: He doesn't sit down for more then 1 minute won't let me read books he imitates my sounds like if I click my tounge or cough he will
911Doctor :

i would not at all be concerned at this point simply because your child may not, at this point, be able to do what his cousin does.... some children develop their speech more quickly than others, but this is nothing bo be concerned about by itself.

911Doctor :

once again

911Doctor :

this sounds very normal for a 13 month old

911Doctor :

and

911Doctor :

as you can see form the link above

911Doctor :

milestones for kids are very wide ranging...

911Doctor :

as each child is different

911Doctor :

and the fact that your dhild mimmicks the sounds you make is very encouraging... your child IS developing his speech, and it is way to early to worry about this...

911Doctor :

standing by

Customer: Ok thanks
911Doctor :

you are most welcome

911Doctor :

that mayo clinic article is worth printing out so you can folllow along.

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. Should you need my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc only’.

Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Be Well

911Doc

911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor
911Doctor, Doctor