Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I missed three doses of generic bactrim due to a small

I missed three doses of generic bactrim due to a small stomach bug i could not get them down and didnt risk trying
Now im sure i can get them down but is it too late to restart taking it
Welcome and thanks for your question , if you are feeling better , what you should do is continue taking the medications regularly . When you finish the last dose ,take the next two pills the next day once every 12 hours and the last pill the day after that .
You can do this if you stop taking the medication only for 1-2 days .
If you skipped doses for 3 days or more , You need to contact your doctor again, he will determine if it is necessary for you to take the whole treatment again.
If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.
Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !
When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

okay thanks. one more thing. i had missed one dose when i was on day 2 as well. but then took for 2 days then the illness. does this make the answer change or remain the same?

You have to do the same thing so yes ,the answer remains the same.