How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask A. Schuyler, NP Your Own Question
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 16308
Experience:  Board Certified NP, MS, RN. 25 years private practice & hospitalist
Type Your Health Question Here...
A. Schuyler, NP is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 66yrs old and have constant bleeding from my virginia

This answer was rated:

i am 66yrs old and have constant bleeding from my virginia


Thanks for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will do whatever I can to try to help you.

I urge you to be checked as soon as possible by your ob/gyn to rule out cancer. There are other causes of vaginal bleeding, but in a woman post-menopause, any vaginal bleeding has to be considered cancer until proven otherwise.

It may be nothing more serious than an overgrowth of the endometrium (the lining of the uterus). In this case a D & C or endometrial ablation can take care of the problem. My own mother had this at age 70. However, you do need an endometrial biopsy to make absolutely sure it isn't cancer.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Best regards,


A. Schuyler, NP and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For now that will be all

Thanks so much for using Just Answer. I hope you get good news from your ob'gyn.