Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

What would be reasons for right sided waist pain(somewhat

sharp in nature)w pressure and...
What would be reasons for right sided waist pain(somewhat sharp in nature)w pressure and discomfort if urine test was negative for bacteria growth and has trace of wbc's(leukocytes)
2/7/2013
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Do you have pain in right lower abdomen?Is pain localized or radiating to groin?
What is your age and gender?For how long you have this problem?
Do you have associated nausea, pain in urination?
Any other health or medical problems
Thanks

I am 36 female... pain just started today around 230pm,,, it seems localized to the right waist side area... does not hurt when i urinate - had a urine test today and they said it was ok just trace of wbc's , had a urine test two weeks as well for a suspected bladder infection but there was no bacteria growth in urine so meds were not taken... - no nausea-

Thanks for all these additional details. I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Well, white blood cells are normally present in urine in small amounts.Having small levels of leukocytes in urine is normal, this can be found in healthy person's urine. Also as you have already gone for urine test 2 weeks, back so i would not worry for urinary infection.
There are few possibilities for such symptoms,Common causes are-
-Kidney stones
-Inflammatory bowel disease(IBD)
-Uterine fibroids
The most common cause is Kidney stones. To make a diagnose, you need to undergo these tests-
-Complete blood count
-Ultrasound of lower abdomen.
You should take plenty of fluids, Avoid caffeine and alcohol. You should take light meals. You can take OTC tab. acetaminophen for pain.
I suggest that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed. If pain is severe, then it is advised to visit ER for prompt management.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.

are kidney stones ok to pass while home? can you have a kidney infection without nitrites in your urine? what would sever pain be indictive of for pain in that area? the pain is ok when i am sitting.. when i walk or push to pee i can feel it.. feels sharp sometimes and sore at others..

Kailyn, I understand your concern for kidney stone.
Most of the kidney stones won't require invasive treatment. It can cause severe pain in the side and back, below the ribs. You may be able to pass a small stone by drinking water. One should drink 2 to 3 quarts (1.9 to 2.8 liters) of water a day. Yes, one may have kidney infection with normal urine test, and there may not be nitrates in urine. It can be diagnosed through ultrasound of abdomen.
Inflammatory bowel disease(IBD)has also be checked. A thorough clinical examination and ultrasound has to be done for precise diagnosis. Such pain can be sharp while one walk or during movements.
If you are satisfied, place rate the advice you've received so that I receive credit for helping you.

thank you for your informative response... i am a bit confused bc today at the urologist they told me that in order to have a kidney infection my culture would have been positive and my urine would be dirty.....

Well, kidney stones is the most likely possibility with your symptoms. Ultrasound of abdomen would be best for diagnosis. In few cases, One may have urine test normal with kidney stone.
I suggest that you visit your primary doctor for evaluation and get it managed.
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor