Family Physician, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

How can I go with eating minimal amount of food? I don't

How long can I go with eating minimal amount of food? I don't want to pass out or anything. I keep getting nauseous everytime I eat, so I haven't been eating much for about two weeks. Banana, mashed potatoes, crackers, baby banana food, and bread have pretty much been my diet.
At this point you need to be seen by a physician. There are a number of possible causes for chronic nausea including stomach problems, gallbladder problems, medication side effects just to name a few.

There is absolutely NO way to make a diagnosis over the internet. You need to be examined by a physician who can take a complete medical history, examine you and likely you will need some tests to determine the cause of these symptoms.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a head cold and stomach virus which my doctor diagnosed me with. He said the nausea was from mucus drainage. I was just wondering how long it was ok to go with eating such little amount of food or if there were specific things I could eat that help my energy up until this passes.
As you as you are getting enough fluids, most people can go a few weeks with decreased food intake (since most of us could stand to lose a few pounds anyways).

It sounds like you are getting some food in, so at this point the important thing is FLUIDS.