Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  M.B;B.S ; FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialties
28277873

I had masturbated a women over a yr ago,it was the only

Hello i had masturbated a women over a yr ago,it was the only encounter i had w her.
A month ago while hav'g sex w my present girl friend i felt a lump on d inside of her virgina. She said her last pap smear result was all clear- her dr said it was usual lump down there. I'm afarid that this c'ld be a sti- pls help

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a Medical Internist (who deals with diseases of all the organ systems of body) and i will do my best to find an answer for you.

You need to answer a few questions first which will help me assist you in a better way.

Was there any bump/lesion on her vagina? Around it?

Was she ever tested for STD's?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no bumps or lesions around d virgina and last tested 4 sti

7 yrs ago

Thank you very much for the useful information.

Well, absence of any visible lesions or bumps make the presence of an STD unlikely.

Merely feeling of lump with in the vagina does not mean that she has some std. This can be due to any mass, cyst, enlarged gland, or it can merely be your feeling.

At the same time, an STD can be present with out any symptoms at all. For example herpes, HPV etc may be present and the person may not be aware of these as she does not have any symptoms. In such a case the silent carrier can transmit the infection to the partner with out knowing it herself.

Since she was tested 7 years ago, it good for her to get tested now.

And for your satisfaction, and to have an absolute answer regarding your STD status, you must also get tested, especially if you get any kind of symptoms.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

It was a pleasure assisting you and i hope my answer was helpful. I will appreciate 5 Star Rating (Excellent Service) & a Bonus as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise. Do not hesitate to ask any follow up questions or clarifications any time.

I would have been worried too if i were at your place but let me reassure you that this is a treatable condition and carry a good prognosis with appropriate management.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

hello dr

d lump is whitish in pigment and can a man be tested 4 hpv?

No, there is no FDA approved test for HPV in men.

However, if one get warts, then yes the diagnosis can be made clinically.

Wish you good luck.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank u very much dr i appreciate ur advice

Thank you very much.

Do not forget to Rate my answer as this is the only way i get credit for my time & expertise.

Regards.