Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine (London), MBBS, expert in health and fitness (six years experience)
16101430

Am 52 yrs old,and about 3 weeks ago woke up with a really

Am 52 yrs old,and about 3 weeks ago woke up with a really bad pain in the bend of my left arm. I do quite a bit of physical activity so I have had aches and pains due to muscle strains and such alot but this was something that I have not ever experienced before. I dont really know how to explain it...it felt alot when I have had blood drawn and my arm hurt and was sore afterward but magnified 100 times...and when I tried to straighten my arm it was like a stinging kinda sensation. Since then the pain has continued but has changed sometimes my arm will hurt right above my elbow bend and sometimes below on my forearm its like a dull constant aching pain with some weakness, also a few times I have noticed that I get a strange sensation in my arm in certain positions and I feel like I have to move my arm.

Thanks for the question and coming on Just Answer. I would like to say that these symptoms should not be ta***** *****ghtly and there are few important possibilities which should be investigated such as arthritis (elbow joint), nerve compression in the arm with hair line fracture, disc disease with nerve compression. Sometimes can also be found in muscular tear. I will highly advise to see your physician without any delay due to weakness with these symptoms. It is important to have x-ray elbow joint and scan need to be done. You can take Tab. Motrin available OTC for pain relief and make sure to see physician soon as possible. Avoid lifting heavy objects or doing heavy work.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to click either 2 "poor service" or 1 "bad service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. My goal is excellent service which is rating 5. Rating of 4 or 5 is highly highly appreciated as this is the only way we doctors can get credit here. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dr.Javed,
Thank you very much for your advice and I will be contacting a physcian first thing Monday.
You welcome and I wish you best of luck. Don't forget to rate the answer as this is the only way we doctors can get credit on higher rating.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed.