How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Charles Your Own Question
Dr. Charles
Dr. Charles, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 7192
Experience:  Internal medicine specialist
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Charles is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can hpv take to develope in a man? Lets say I was

This answer was rated:

How long can hpv take to develope in a man? Lets say I was exposed to it about 8 years ago and then again about 5 years ago. I'm not sure if my former partner had it or not. I've had a few instances where boils would appear on my inner thigh and one time on my penis about six years ago. I now have a few flat red and dry itchy flakey spots on my penis. Here's the other part of the story, between 07 and 011 I had no sex whatsoever. The boils also calmed down after I stated paying better attention to my hygiene and using anti bacterial soap. Help please and than you!

Dear customer,

I am Dr.Charles and I'm happy to help with your question today
.I need the following information from you,so that I can provide you the complete & best answer:

What is your age?

Have you taken any treatment for HPV?

Do you have any discharge from spots/sores?

I am online and is waiting for your reply.

Kind Regards-
Dr. Charles

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am 30 years old.
Never had an std test and have no discharges. Mostly a few red areas on the shaft, a couple of small wart looking bumps on the head and some itchyness
Dear customer
Thanks for the info given.I had started working on your question.Please stay online,I will post your answer in 20 minutes.However I will try my best to give you answer ASAP.
Dear customer,
Thanks for staying online & the valuable info you had given.I’ve taken a close look at your question & the reply and come up with the following answer:
HPV are common viruses that can cause warts.A reliable way to collect a sample of male genital skin cells that would allow detection of HPV has yet to be discovered, there is currently no FDA-approved HPV test for men.Currently, there is no test designed or approved to find HPV in men.It is diagnosed clinically.
While there is no cure, the good news is the infection often clears on its own.There is no cure or treatment that can eradicate HPV infection.
The period from the moment of infection until the first symptoms appear(called incubation period) can vary from as little as a few weeks to more than a year.
Once an HPV virus invades a cell, an active infection occurs, and the virus can be transmitted.The person can transmit the disease now.
It may take few months to several years before squamous intraepithelial lesions (SIL) develop and can be clinically detected. The time from active infection to clinically detectable disease may make it difficult to establish which partner was the source of infection.It may take months to years to show HPV symptoms again(Latent period).
So the bot***** *****ne is that the symptoms you are having can be due to HPV.Clinical examination will confirm this.It is possible that the virus may go latent & has caused again the symptoms now after 8 years.It is difficult to say that which partner had given you this HPV infection,but from your symptoms it seems that you got it from your first partner.
Hope this helped
Your satisfaction is my prime goal and I'm happy to answer any follow-up questions you may have.Please feel free to ask if you have any other question.
Thank you.
Kind Regards-
Dr Charles
Dr. Charles and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you