How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nurse Milli, RN Your Own Question
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4139
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
Type Your Health Question Here...
Nurse Milli, RN is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What kind of doctor would I use I a want to get a hiatus

This answer was rated:

what kind of doctor would I use I a want to get a hiatus hernia fixed
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.
A general surgeon will be able to fix this area for you. You can see a GI Doc and they can refer you out to one or you can self-refer in a lot of cases. Most cases of this are corrected via Laparoscopy so the incisions are very small.
Reply back if I can help you further.
Nurse Milli, RN and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

thank you i guess i will have to refer my own self because my gi doctor wont and feels that it dose not need to fixed but it not in his body it in mine and this is what i want to do

Sure thing. You can self-refer. Start with one that you have heard good things about (if any) and go from there.
Good luck with everything!