How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Josh Your Own Question
Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 5570
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Josh is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 68 years old and have not had intercourse in 6-7 years

This answer was rated:

I am 68 years old and have not had intercourse in 6-7 years until recently. I now have a creamy discharge and am very uncomfortable.
My Dr. said it is probably due to combination of recent sex and hot tub. Not in the hot tub! Is there something I can use to make this go away?
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern appropriately.
Do you have associated itching or foul disorder with discharge?
Are you on any medications?
Was it unprotected sex with unknown partner?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes foul odor but mild. I have had a head cold and have been taking 2000 MG vitamin C a day for 4 days. Other than that I take, on a regular basis, Loratadine, Ambien, Acyclovir,Nortriptyline, vitamins B complex, C, D3, E, fish oil, magnesium, and calcium.

It was unprotected sex with friend.

Thanks for quick input.I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Most likely it indicates yeast infection. It is always not necessary to have severe itching and swelling to diagnose yeast infection.
This can occur in any age group. This can be easily diagnosed and treated with anti yeast medications. Although yeast typically doesn't have a bad odor, sometimes it may be mixed with other infections that do cause odors.
To teat this condition, you should wear cotton panties, remain away from stress, maintain personal hygiene, Avoid feminine hygiene sprays and Eat yogurt.You need to use OTC anti-fungal vaginal cream like Monistat (miconazole nitrate).Also you need to take tablet Zyrtec once a day for 1 week.Most likely your symptoms will get resolve completely in 1 week.
If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.
It’s my goal to provide you with excellent service. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. Leaving a Bonus will be highly appreciated.
Dr. Josh and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you