Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I was sick with a with feaver and cough.. been on the meds

for about seven days...
i was sick with a with feaver and cough.. been on the meds for about seven days . feel much better still a little tired .and i cant get rid of this cough how long does it take to clear the congestion. or what can help.
1/11/2013
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.
Sounds like you are recovering from the flu or other viral upper respiratory illness....the best thing is to take something like Mucinex to help thin the secretion so you can get it up. Also, drinking lots of water will also thin secretions. This is the best thing you can do at home. The cough is just your body's way of trying to get this mucus up and without thinning it out, it might take a while.
Reply back if I can help further...

do the antibiatics make you feel tired i was taking about a thousand mgs a day doctor was concerned with the infection.

Well, the illness itself will cause fatigue but the antibiotics can make you feel tired too, yes. Have you had a repeat office visit to make sure your white blood cell count is back to normal and that you chest xray is clear now (if they ever did one)?

they never did one but i am off the meds starting today should i i see a little change by to tomorrow

Your energy level may take some time to come back to normal after being sick so long. The illness itself is probably more responsible for your not feeling well (and no energy) more than anything. You should start to see a change in your energy level within a few days to a week.
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)