How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 41 yr old male, 6'0" 190lbs. Over the past two years

This answer was rated:

I am 41 yr old male, 6'0" 190lbs. Over the past two years I've gained 20 lbs and have become more sedentary than usual considering I ran marathons and competed in Ironman distance triathlons 1995-2002. Unfortunately, I am not currently medically insured and have experienced sporadic warm fluid-like sensations in my right tibialis anterior area lasting only a few seconds. As of the past week it's seem to relocate lower in my leg closer to my foot. I have begun taking low strength aspirin twice per day. From my limited research I believe it may be DTV however I'm somewhat concerned it could be a pinched nerve or even more serious a blood clot. I can't afford a sonogram right now and would really appreciate anyone's help

Welcome and thanks for your question , this type of symptoms specially the warm fluid like sensation could be caused by several conditions from : peripheral neuropathy ( in which the peripheral leg nerve is swollen or inflamed) , lower back intervertebral disc herniation , diabetes ( high glucose blood levels),infections, vitamin B deficiency or irregular hormone blood levels specially with the thyroid hormone.

The main problem here is that more serious conditions could also produce this type of symptoms from blood clots and deep vein thrombosis , conditions that must be managed immediately to avoid developing serious complications and the only way to determine if there is a blood clot is performing an ultrasound .

Like you do not have health insurance , what you could do is going to an HRSA health center , they help people who do not have insurance and you will pay only what you can afford nothing else . But you need to be evaluated specially if taking aspirin has not alleviated your symptoms.

Here is the link so you can find an HRSA health center in your area :

If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.

Dr. German and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you