Dr. Josh
Dr. Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Practicing Physician, Family Physician for 7 years
6740150

I'm staying in a hotel and I woke up with a foot pain. Later

Hi, I'm staying in a hotel and I woke up with a foot pain. Later on two 2 and 3 toe from the big toe started to swell. The 2 toe is in pain and it's swollen. Not to big bit u can see the difference between my two feet. I didn't hit my foot but I notice it was swollen and only the 2 toe is swollen. I can feel a tromping sensation as if its pumping. I did notice some lady bugs in the room. I'm not sure what's happen but now under my feet hurts when I stand on it. I can barely walk. I put ice on bit but its still hurts.
What do you think it is and what do I do.
Welcome to Justanswer website.
Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. Please provide me the following information so that I can help you-
Have you noticed any bite marks on your foot?
Are you taking any pills or any past allergic reaction?
Do you noticed redness or warmth in associated area?
Thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's really hard to tell but from what I am seeing no. The 2nd toe is where the main pain is coming from. I'm right now sitting in a tub of warm water. Under certain part of my feet close to the toe feels paritially numb. If I step forward I feel the pain a lot. But I see no bit marks or maybe it's two small to see.
Nicardo, Thanks for quick input.I am sorry to hear about your problems.
Your symptoms may occur with allergic reaction from lady bug bite.
Usually bite marks may be very small, and can be difficult to see.
It can sometimes be serious and need immediate medical care.
In your case, considering severity of pain, i suggest that please don't delay and rush to ER ASAP.
You need to apply 1% Cortisone cream mixed with Bacitracin ointment twice a day on affected area for 5-7 days. Also take Tab Claritin 10 mg once a day for one week. These are OTC drugs.
At this time, It is advised to visit ER for prompt management.
If you have any further query then please feel free to ask.
Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me –
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Best wishes
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If I wait until tomorrow morning can it be too late. Can this cause death. I can't stand on my foot right now.. under my feet hurt too much. Should I call the ambulance or should I just drive it there?

How serious is a lady bug bite?

I would recommend that you should get it immediately checked in ER ASAP.
The serious allergic symptoms to be checked are-
Trouble breathing, shortness of breath, Throat tightness or difficulty swallowing Feeling weak or Turning blue.
Having severe pain in toes, should be evaluated at the earliest.
I would suggest, that if you don't have any serious symptoms as described above, then you can wait till tomorrow.
I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Best wishes