How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Saha Your Own Question
Dr. Saha
Dr. Saha, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 17815
Experience:  35 years of experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Saha is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So Im 23 years old at the base on the right side I feel a

This answer was rated:

So I'm 23 years old at the base on the right side I feel a ligament or something like a flexible rod that I can feel going from about an inch where the hair is all the way up the shaft on top and than curves to the right goin under the shaft all the to about an inch and a half from the head when its erected. When I'm soft not noticeable on my penis but can still feel the ligament thing at the base.when erect and rubbed on the ligament thing it is an uncomfortable feeling a little painful and plus since I've noticed it my penis when hard doesn't stand up kinda like I can't get fully erected. My girlfriend pulled on my penis when it was soft and from what I remember hurt but forgot about it and I've also been working out my my lower ABS so don't know if I did something to hurt myself. Real worried and would like some detailed info if u can give it before I see a doctor please and thank u Ian

Welcome to Just Answer.

How is it on the left side?

Is there any redness?

When did you notice it?

How thick is the ligament?

Did you get it checked by doctor?

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The left side is fine completely from what I can tell. I noticed it a couple days ago and no redness and I haven't seen a doctor yet.
How is the pain now?

How is urine?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Pain is alright but still hurts when erected and rubbd on and my urine is fine normal
Hello Ian,

Thank you for the information,

From your description, it seems like part of the corpus cavernosum.

There can be thickening from an inflammation or trauma.

Sometimes other conditions like Peyronie's disease can cause thickened tissue.

But in your age it is unlikely.

It is usually seen after age 40.

There develops a curvature too.

However, I would advise to get it checked by doctor.

Now you should avoid rubbing.

You can do warm moist compress.

Simple inflammation would subside gradually over a few days.

I hope this information helps.

I will be happy to assist, if you need any clarification.

Please press the EXCELLENT/ GOOD FEEDBACK and feel free for any follow up query.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What is warm moist compress
You can soak a towel in warm water and mildly apply over the area.
Dr. Saha and 2 other Health Specialists are ready to help you