Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

Could his be shingles?

Could his be shingles?
Hi there and good morning. Shingles will usually start out as sensitive skin then you'll see blister-type formation. Generally speaking, Shingles hurt. Is this area painful? I am thinking you told me that it wasn't painful and not itchy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I wouldn't say painful just sensitive and noticeable, a tad itch this am but not overly
I'm assuming you've had Chicken Pox? (Just making sure) Shingles occurs as a resurgence of a past Chicken Pox infection. So if you've never had Chicken Pox, then Shingles is definitely out of the question.
The rash usually involves a narrow area from the spine around to the front of the belly area or chest. An outbreak beginning on your buttock is not classic for Shingles. Also you would have some very noticeable pain or the blistering.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Had CP as an infant
I am so stressed about this
I can tell you are stressed. What are you most worried about? What is bothering you the most?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am most worried about herpes even though that everything you have said as well as others say that the episode has no real risk of that
I posted a question early this am after looking at a site, did you see that?
I'm not crazy I promise.
I saw your question after I woke up this AM. Sometimes I am on during the overnight hours but was not last night.
I know you're worried about the possibility of herpes but like Dr Arun said, it's just not feasible or likely in your case.
The worst thing you can do is start googling symptoms. At some times it's appropriate but not many. It usually seems to just amplify anxiety and make things worse.
Try to hear what we're saying (or typing) and try to relax. (Easier said than done, I know) and I don't think you're crazy. I just think you're super sensitive about this recent episode and you don't want anything bad to come from it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the kind words and support, I really appreciate it. I'll try to relax and give it a few days. I'll see if GP can look at it next week and can report back if interested.
Again, thank you for listening.
feel free to report back. You can start a new question just put it to my attention like you did last night.
It's been a pleasure helping you and try to stay off of Google and searching the internet as a whole on this.