Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I have a friend that forgot he took his medicine - flexiril

I have a friend that forgot he took his medicine - flexiril and took 6 at once 10 mg. he is unsure if he also took oxycarbamazepine 100mg. He also took 2 klonopin 1 mg and really early in the day took Percocet . He refuses to call the doc but I'm nervous. I'm a nursing student and his BP and HR are normal for him. His heartbeat is not irregular , he has no temp, but he is confused and getting angry, forgetting what he said, etc. what should I be watching for? This was at about 7 pm. It is now almost 10 pm

Central Nervous system effects and respiratory depression may occur additively upon consumption of multiple drugs with sedative and analgesic effects.Drowsiness,agitation,confusion,slurred speech,hallucinations,seizures and comas are known to occur if overdose of flexeril/cyclobenzaprine is taken.The other drugs with sedative effects are also capable of causing a problem.A moderate drug interaction is there between flexeril and clonazepam.It would be prudent to take the patient to the ER urgently if such symptoms are seen.A stomach wash and observation may be done and respiratory assistance may be required if matters get worse.A cocktail of muscle relaxants,analgesics and benzodiazepines would be unpredictable and potentially dangerous.