Nurse Milli, RN
Nurse Milli, RN, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  20 years experience in many areas of Nursing. Both Hospital and Private Practice experience.
7152018

My wife is suffering from the following: * Headache * Nasal/sinus

My wife is suffering from the following:

* Headache
* Nasal/sinus congestion
* Facial pain
* Sore eyes, cheeks and teeth
* Slight chest pain when she inhales
* No temperature

She's miserable but can't get in to see her doctor until tomorrow. What OTC medicine can she take to relieve her symptoms. I was thinking Tylenol for pain and Mucinex D for sinus/nasal congestion.
Hi there and thank you for the question. I am a Registered Nurse and will be happy to help you today.

Definitely sounds like she has picked up one of the nasty upper respiratory viral infections going around....for her, as long as she doesn't have any medical conditions (like Diabetes or high blood pressure or heart conditions), she can take the Mucinex D (with plenty of water) or even the hot liquid flu preparations...even though she may not have the flu, the hot liquid will help her feel better. Like Theraflu (the severe cold formula or the one for the flu). I say she probably doesn't have flu because she is not running a fever but it could still be in the early stages and the fever may not have started yet. Either way, I know she is miserable. Also, applying a warm wet washcloth to her forehead and eyes will help with the facial pain. Make sure she is drinking plenty of fluids as well.

Reply back if I can help further!