Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I have red painless spots on the head of my penis.I had this

before wen i had unprotected...
i have red painless spots on the head of my penis.I had this before wen i had unprotected sex but wit a trusted partner and i went to a doctor he gave me a cream to apply to it and those spots were gone.Now i had protected sex wit my fren and after few days i again got those painless red spots on the head of my penis.
12/25/2012
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
mysticdoc :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

mysticdoc :

mysticdoc :

Thanks for your question.

mysticdoc :

These red bumps can be allergy related.

mysticdoc :

Infection is unlikely without any pain or discharge.

mysticdoc :

You can try a hydrocortisone cream

mysticdoc :

Or the cream prescribed by your doctor.

mysticdoc :

You can upload a picture here for further information.

Customer:

is it available easily in stores...

mysticdoc :

yes

mysticdoc :

over the counter

Customer:

the cream prescribed by the doc to me was in sep2011..i have been usin it for last 3 days the redness has gone slitly down but the spots still there..

mysticdoc :

It takes some time for the spots to go down.

mysticdoc :

And the cream mau have expired.

mysticdoc :

so you can call your doctor for a refill.

Customer:

can i send u a pic ..

mysticdoc :

yes

mysticdoc :

here

Customer:

k..m sendin

mysticdoc :

ok

Customer:

mysticdoc :

Thanks for the picture.

mysticdoc :

This is indeed eczema

mysticdoc :

hydrocortisone cream or any other steroid cream will help.

Customer:

the cream which he gave me hashyderm1% cm/ratio-nystatin cm(1:1)

Customer:

sorry

Customer:

hyderm

mysticdoc :

This is a combination of steroid and antifungal cream.

mysticdoc :

you can use the same cream

Customer:

can i still have sex??

mysticdoc :

yes you can

Customer:

or shud i stop till it heals

mysticdoc :

probably you are allergic to latex condom

mysticdoc :

or some other product

mysticdoc :

not contagious

Customer:

k..

Customer:

how can i prevent it to not happen again..coz it happened to me again..after 1 year..

mysticdoc :

avoid products you are allergic to

mysticdoc :

fungal infection is another cause that can happen sometimes from sex --if the partner had yeast infection.

mysticdoc :

so avoid sex when partner has yeast infection.

Customer:

does it affects if iam using condom..

mysticdoc :

yes it does if you are also allergic to the condom.

mysticdoc :

avoid latex condoms

Customer:

is it easily noticeable yeast infection in my partner..

mysticdoc :

not always

mysticdoc :

thick white discharge, vaginal itchiness and redness sometimes are the symptoms to look for

Customer:

so wht kind of condoms will be gud for me??

mysticdoc :

any non latex condoms like sheep skin or lamb skin

Customer:

and how long it will take for these spots to heal??

mysticdoc :

usually 10-14 days

Customer:

k

Customer:

is it gud to wash penis wit a soap..or just water what do u reccomend

mysticdoc :

just water till the rash is gone

mysticdoc :

soap may worsen it

Customer:

k

Customer:

once the rash is gone...shud i use any oil or moisturizer...

mysticdoc :

moisturizer is fine --make sure your skin does not react to it

Customer:

k

Customer:

well thts it for today...can i again discuss wit u..for further assistance??

mysticdoc :

Yes in future

mysticdoc :

Happy holidays

mysticdoc :

Please rate Good or Excellent Service, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!

Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Customer:

happy holidays..thnx once again..

mysticdoc :

very welcome

Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist