Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  MD
3310972

I have aching in my splenic area and feels enlarged is that

I have aching in my splenic area and feels enlarged is that from the aneurysm. Often I feel nausaus with little appetite. Is that the result of aneurysm?
Welcome and thanks for your question , yes , what you are feeling specially the nausea could be caused by the aneurysm could be caused by the aneurysm but not necessarily .

However , other medical conditions could also produce nausea and should be investigated including : gallstones, liver inflammation ,pancreatic disorders, gastritis ( stomach lining tissue inflammation), stomach or duodenal ulcers ,gastroesophageal reflux ( in this condition ,the stomach acid juices flow back into the esophagus ), hernias, intestinal inflammation ,irritation or blockage or inner ear disorders .

The vascular surgeon will be able to tell you if the aneurysm is so big is already producing symptoms or if is really small . In that case , he will investigate these other possibilities and will perform additional tests if they are necessary including : an inner ear examination , stool tests , ESR , liver function tests ,pancreatic enzymes ( like amylase and lipase ) and an endoscopy or colonoscopy .

With these tests and a physical examination , he will be able to tell what is really producing this nausea so you can receive an appropriate treatment.

Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.

You do not have to accept this answer , it is basically the same answer with some corrections.

Welcome and thanks for your question , yes , what you are feeling specially the nausea could be caused by the aneurysm but not necessarily .

The vascular surgeon will be able to tell you if the aneurysm is so big is already producing symptoms . If the aneurysm is small and unable to produce symptoms , he will investigate these other possibilities and will perform additional tests including : an inner ear examination , stool tests , ESR , liver function tests ,pancreatic enzymes ( like amylase and lipase ) and an endoscopy or colonoscopy .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The main question I wanted answered and was first in the question is about the pain and fulllness I feel in the splenic area for years, is it from the aneurism or something different?

My information said I could ask additional questions until satisfied. So I am still waiting for an additional answer to this original question.

Thank you for the information so far.

Janis

Right now , by symptomatology it is not possible to tell you 100% the symptoms are from the aneurysm or the other conditions I mentioned before and the main reason for this ,is that we do not know with this information the specific size of the aneurysm and that is something you will need to ask your doctor .

If the aneurysm is 2.5 cms or smaller ,your symptoms are probably caused by the additional conditions I mentioned before .

If the aneurysm is more than 2.5 cms, the fullness and the pain are being caused by the aneurysm .