Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Last month I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend and the

day after she got her...
Last month I have unprotected sex with my girlfriend and the day after she got her proof and it lasted for 7days. Then she got her period 2 weeks after that with a lot of bleeding but this time a week before we used plan b 35 hour after the encounter. it lasted about a week. Could.the plan b cause her to have the period to come 2weeks early and could she be pregnant?
12/23/2012
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Welcome and thanks for your question , yes, it is very common to experience some menstrual irregularities after taking the Plan B from getting her period earlier or later ,it could also produce a heavier menstrual period.
So this earlier menstrual period is nothing she needs to worry about , however if she notices this period last longer or is heavier than her regular periods, she should consult her gynecologist .
Although Plan B is very effective , it prevents seven of 8 pregnancies ,it is not perfect .
So if she has any doubts about being pregnant , she should take a home pregnancy test to rule out that possibility .
However , like she already got her period , I do not think she is pregnant.
Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.
Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !
When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.
What about if she keep bleeding heavier and goes beyond a week period. What might that be? It has not happen yet but today is the 7 day and she still discharging?
The prolonged bleeding is basically the hormonal imbalance the pill produces .
If the bleeding does not go away specially after 7 days ,she should see her gynecologist .
He will determine if she needs to take regular contraceptive pills to regulate her period or if the bleeding is very light ,not treatment it will be necessary ,her period will normalize on itself.
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
If a woman has a miscarriage of a fetus of 7 weeks. Will she need hospital intervention in order to remove it because if is not intervene it may put the woman love in danger, right. So my question is she should be intervene by a professional in the hospital?
In most cases , at 7 weeks ,the products are expelled naturally without many complications .
In more advanced pregnancies , usually 10 weeks or more medical or surgical treatment could be necessary including having a dilation and curettage.
However , when the bleeding is really intense ,the patient could need going to the hospital to be evaluated and receive intravenous fluids if there is a great blood loss even at 7 weeks .
So yes , if she is bleeding severely or she experiences additional symptoms like fever ,pain or abdominal cramps , she must go to the hospital to be evaluated so she can be 100 % sure everything is fine.
can a woman be pregnant and have a regular period?

Although there have been minimal cases in which a woman has experienced bleeding type period during her pregnancy , this is extremely extremely rare . So for most cases, when a woman has a regular period , she is not pregnant . If she experienced a regular period , she is not pregnant.

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work. Bonuses will always be sincerely appreciated.

Can plan b cause a miscarriage? What could cause a miscarriage?can a person being under a lot of stress or tension cause a miscarriage?
Plan B does not cause miscarriages .
Miscarriage could be caused by multiple factors from structural abnormalities, genetic disorders, alcohol , hormonal irregularities or reproductive organ alterations .
Stress or tension do not cause miscarriages.
How long does a bleeding last when a woman has a miscarriage? how long does she need to try again to get pregnant after a miscarriage?
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek
The previous expert has opted out, has she had a pregnancy test?
No she has not a pregnancy test. Supposedly the doctor r told her that she could it have a miscarriage of 3 to 4 weeks but she is only 50%.she also could be the plan b that she took a week ago that cause the early coming of her period which she got 2weeks before the day she gets her period.the problem is that she still bleeding and it has been already 10 days and she also have some pain in her stomach. However, the doctor told her that she should normalize. Could she be pregnant still?
Okay, I am sorry to hear about this ordeal, she may be pregnant, and the only way to rule out pregnancy is for her to take a pregnancy test, if the test comes back negative, then it may be due to fluctuating hormones which should return to normal within a few weeks, but she needs to take the test first
But she had very heavily bleeding and it has been 10 days. her doctor thinks that the plan b she took may have cause the period to come early and the prolong period to last longer. Could an b may have cause this?
Plan B could have caused this also, it may cause her hormones to fluctuate
Ager a this can she still be pregnant because the doctor said that that she could rule out the pregnancy part
I stated above there is still a chance she is pregnant and that is why she should take a pregnancy test if she hasn't had one
Dr. German
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)