How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. German Your Own Question
Dr. German
Dr. German, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 3834
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. German is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi doctor, I have a some tiny bumps on the underside of

This answer was rated:

Hi doctor,

I have a some tiny bumps on the underside of my penis. I did some research and they are along the line called the perineal raphe. I am circumcised, and these bumps begin at the dark line that circles the penis near the head. When i stretch the penis, they are in a straight line, almost as if they are part of the perineal raphe, however the rest of the perenial raphe does not have any bumps. They are flesh colored. However, I was pricking at them, and it appears as though there is a black speck on the underside of one of the tiny bumps. I am sexually active, so I was wondering, could this be HPV or is this just a normal variation of the perineal raphe?

Thank you for your time
Welcome and thanks for your question , these bumps are probably a normal anatomical variation of the perineal raphe and nothing to be worried or concerned .

In most cases, these tiny bumps are small sebaceous glands . It is also important to mention that penis skin specially in the perineal raphe is bumpy or lumpy ( so it is really common to have tiny bumps there ) .

There are some signs that you should watch for in which case you should consult your doctor and have a further medical evaluation to rule out the presence of a STD ( sexual transmittable disease) including an HPV infection like :

1- These bumps change or grow over time
2- Burning urine
3- Fever ,fatigue or pain
4-Purulent secretion
5- Foul urine or seminal discharge
6-Penis ulcers or sores

If you do not have any of these symptoms , there is no need to worry , this is normal .

In case you experience any of these symptoms I mentioned before , you should consult your doctor to have a physical examination and some STD tests done to confirm or rule out the presence of a STD.

Please only rate my answer when you are fully satisfied. If you feel the need to rate "Helped a little" (1) or "I expected more”(2) they count as negative rating , please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with whatever issue or clarification you may need. I will be happy to continue further and assist you until I am able to explain any concerns or doubts to your satisfaction.

Please be aware if you give any rating below 3 stars then I will not be compensated in any way for helping you today. Good luck to you and have a good day !

When we finish our conversation if you like the answer ,please click accept so I can get credit for my work.
Dr. German and 3 other Health Specialists are ready to help you