Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I need to see a Dr. but in the meantime, I believe I have a

I need to see a Dr. but in the meantime, I believe I have a urinary infection,, I took some baking soda in a glass of water and have increased my water in take. I've had what I thought was a flu bug with fever, chills,etc had coughing going on too. I basicly got as much sleep as I could, but the coughing is bringing up phlegm that is greenish and has blood in it, It feels like bronchitis, I am a bit over whelmed as I'm the primary caregiver for my husband who has alzheimers. Can I wait and call the Dr. Monday or should I be doing something more here at home. Its really hard to take my husband into offices he gets so confused. Any ideas would be most appreciated. Thank you, *****
Hi--I worry a bit about the blood since that may mean you have pneumonia. While it would be best to see a doctor today, it may be OK for you to wait until tomorrow. If, however, your fever spikes to over 102 and you begin feeling overall very poorly, you really shouldn't wait to seek medical attention. Tylenol or ibuprofen for the fever, plenty of fluids, and as much rest as you can manage is all you can do at home.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If I went to ER would I seem to Drs there that I'm over reacting?

Not at all--considering your age, the fever, and the blood, I'm sure they will do blood work and get a chest x-ray. If I were your doctor, I would tell you to go to the ER