How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Basu Your Own Question
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 29250
Experience:  MD
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr Basu is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can I get a full report from a hospital for a person who is

Customer Question

can I get a full report from a hospital for a person who is no longer there.I want to know exactly what was done to my relative while in the hospital. How would I do this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 years ago.
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Thanks for your question.
As per the current laws, you cannot get your relatives's hospital record without his/her consent.
That means your relative needs to contact the hospital and authorize the release of his medical information to you.
Then only, the hospital will give you the records.
This is not difficult but proper procedure needs to be followed.
Best wishes,
Please rate Good or Excellent Service, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the relative I referred to is deceased however I did have power of attorney is there some way I can get this information.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 4 years ago.
If you have power of attorney, then you should be able to get the records by giving them the copy of the power of attorney.
Best wishes,