Your symptoms are suggestive of hemorrhoids. The treatment of hemorrhoids is by warm sitz bath, avoiding straining, keeping the stools soft and local application of the ointment like proctosedyl or Preparation-H. Following is the detailed advisory;
1) Avoid constipation by not postponing the urge to defecate; Many over-the-counter options helps speed bowel movements and decrease straining. Duphalac is best. A soft stool helps in decreasing the irritation and associated swelling of hemorrhoids.
2) Eat a balanced, high-fiber diet; Increased dietary fiber of 25-30 grams / day. High fiber cereal can help reach this goal quickly.
3) Drink plenty of water and liquids (about 2 liters a day)
4) Regular exercise; this helps in relieving constipation, if any.
5) Avoid excessive pressure and straining during defecation. Don't sit for extended periods, limit this time as much as possible.
6) Avoid irritant foods, chillies and hot herbs and substances.
7) Warm sitz baths; this is universally soothing for pain and may help decrease the hemorrhoid size. This is done thrice a day for couple of days and then twice a day (15 minutes each time).
8) Local ointments applied in anal canal which contain xylocaine and vasconstrictors (OTC product).
The hemorrhoids should respond to these measure in 3-4 weeks. If they do not completely resolve in this duration, it would be time to seek a personal examination by a physician.
If these measures do not help you may try the non surgical / mild invasive procedures;
1) Rubber band ligation
2) Bipolar, infrared, and laser coagulation
5) Laser hemorrhoidectomy
6) Doppler-guided hemorrhoidal artery ligation
7) Anal stretching or Lord's stretching.
Please feel free for your follow up questions.
I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.
We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."
Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.