How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Vakul Aren Your Own Question
Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 4057
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
Type Your Health Question Here...
Vakul Aren is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am a 21 year old male, I have a serious rash that itches

Customer Question

I am a 21 year old male, I have a serious rash that itches very badly on and around my genital area, there a some tiny bumps on the penis as well. Can you tell me what I could do for some relief until I can get to a doctor, but being that I have no insurance and no job at the present I am just not sure what to do. What is your professional opinion?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 4 years ago.
Since when are you having this problem?have you used any medicines /OTC products for this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The itching has been going on for approximately 2 months and getting worse day by day and the bumps have been there a pretty long time but never really bothered me before. I do have athletes foot pretty severely and was wondering if maybe it could be related somehow by maybe after scratching on my bare feet and then touching my gential area , for example like just readjusting my scrotum or maybe when I go pee and have to touch the area?

Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 4 years ago.
You appear to behaving a fungal rash which should respond to local antifungal creams like Clotrimazole(Lotrimin,Canasten)/Terbinafine(Lamisil)applied locally.Keeping the area dry will help.Oral antifungal drugs like Fluconazole(Diflucan) or Sporanox(available on prescription only) will be effective for both the groin rash and the Athlete's Foot.The local antifungal creams should ideally be used for at least 2-3 weeks after the symptoms have been cleared to prevent reinfection.The small bumps on the penis would possibly be folliculitis or warts.