Dr. Nomi
Dr. Nomi, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Medical Doctor,UK
19472044

My period is a week late and i am always regular every

Hi, my period is a week late and i am always regular every month. I had sex on one of my fertile days but have done two home pregnancy tests on day one and then day 4 both have came back negative. My breasts are a little tender but nothing too bad, i feel quite angry not about that i could be pregnant but just with people doing the slightest thing! my lower back is a bit achy and i sometimes feel a little sick now and again for a few minutes but it goes away, could i be pregnant? thank you for your time. kind regards, sarah
Dr. Nomi :

Dr. Nomi :

It can be early pregnancy.

Dr. Nomi :

You should repeat your pregnancy test after one week .That will be best.

Customer:

is this normal for a pregnancy test to come back negative? if i am pregnant is it normal not to really have any signs of pregnancy? thank you

Dr. Nomi :

Yes,this is normal to get negative test so early.

Dr. Nomi :

Not to worry.

Dr. Nomi :

Breast tenderness is first sign to appear which you are having.

Customer:

i am worried as these pregnancy tests tell you it is 99% accurate and i am worried incase i am i want to giving it the very best start. how long after a missed period would you suggest doing a test? my breasts are a little tender but nothing too bad, also i have been to the toilet alot and normally i am constipated.

Dr. Nomi :

normally a reliable test is after 2 weeks time.

Dr. Nomi :

These can be earliest signs of pregnancy.

Customer:

if i visit my GP could they tell me by doing maybe a blood test? If i am not pregnant i am also worried as i have NEVER missed a period or even been late i am always regular. What else could it be? thank you

Dr. Nomi :

Sometime,travelling,stress etc.causes change in periods.

Dr. Nomi :

blood test is more reliable so can gofor it.

Customer:

I haven't traveled and wouldn't say i was particularly stressed, i lost my father suddenly 4 years ago and it was the worst time of my life and i was still regular. I'm really confused it is just the not knowing that is making me worry. From my symptoms do you think there is a good chance i could be pregnant even though i have tested negative twice?

Dr. Nomi :

I think in this case its worth to wait for a few days.

Dr. Nomi :

If they are just irregular periods it will be revealed in next 3 to 4 days.

Customer:

my last period was 23 october 2012 and my fertile days were between nov 3rd and nov 8th, i had unprotected sex on nov 7th, i am not taking any contraception or have been for over a year now. Do you think i should see my GP tomorrow or wait a few days?

Dr. Nomi :

That were your hot or ovulation days .Well,best thing is if you see your GP tomorrow and get blood pregnancy test.

Dr. Nomi :

It will give result quickly and your mind will come at ease.

Dr. Nomi :

Otherwise you will keep worrying for next one week.

Customer:

I'm not too sure what you mean "that were your hot or ovulation days"? Will the blood test results be reviled straight away?

Dr. Nomi :

When you did sex those were your ovulation or egg release days so its hard to avoid pregnancy .

Dr. Nomi :

Blood test results will take 2 days and they tell you on phone when results come.

Customer:

would i have any other signs of pregnancy at this stage?

Dr. Nomi :

There can be nausea ,loss of apetite ,little spotting etc.

Customer:

thank you for your time i think i will book an appointment with my GP tomorrow.

Dr. Nomi :

Yep.