Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H( Univ of Liverpool),34yrs experience in practice
15267045

I've had this rash on my glans for about 9 months now. It

I've had this rash on my glans for about 9 months now. It started has a redish rash that itched for a few days, but after that I have felt no itching or irritation, it is just there being annoying. There is a whitish bump in the center with redness around it. You can see a picture of it here: http://imgur.com/ye8Ql I've been to a few doctors. One said it was a yeast infection, the other said it was a mild inflammation. I have tried three creams: Daktacort, Canesten and Elidel, none have removed the problem. I am starting to doubt that it is a yeast infection as nothing seems to help. Any idea what it can be and what I can do to eliminate the problem?
You probably have chronic Balanitis,a inflammation of the glans of the penis.The other possibilities include a yeast infection(this should respond to local antifungals like Canasten used regularly for 2-3 weeks,oral antifungals will also cure this),reactive inflammation linked to arthritis/Reiter's Syndrome( affects the glans,eyes and joints),Psoriaisis,Sebhoreic dermatitis,Lichen Planus and lastly autoimmune diseases like pemphigus. It would be prudent to consult a Dermatologist who can examine you and investigate you.A biopsy may be required if the issue is in doubt.The treatment will be specific to the disease found.