Dr. Singh
Dr. Singh, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS. General Practitioner, experienced in hospital care and primary care.
10798432

After having Taxane and Herceptin chemotherapy for breast

After having Taxane and Herceptin chemotherapy for breast cancer, my stools are now abnormally large in length and diameter and speckled with white spots that kind of look like sesame seeds. My oncologist is just shrugging his shoulders tellng me to live with it.
Stools is normal color but texture fibrous but might be because I am vegetarian with the exception of dairy. I am not constipated at all but there is avery bad burning and stinging when I defecate- I call it 'glass ass'. I can feel little pimples or hemmeroids or something between the first and second sphincter, but Prep H and wipes and Sitz are doing nothing. Is this Candida? C-Dif? I can't take it anymore I am scared I have a liver disorder from the chemo.
Dr. Singh :

Hello

Dr. Singh :

This may all be related to the hemorrhoids. Since you have burning and pain, and conservative treatment has not helped, I would suggest seeing a gastroenterologist. You may need an anoscopy, sigmoidoscopy or even a colonoscopy for diagnosis. You may need sclerotherapy for the symptomatic treatment of hemorrhoids. Sometimes radiation treatment can cause chronic inflammation of of rectum and anus, but chemo is less likely to cause this. This is probably not candida or C. diff. Proctitis would be diagnostic consideration.

Dr. Singh :

I hope this helps. Let me know if you need more info. Please "accept" when done.

JACUSTOMER-e6j81ulk- :

Main symptoms of Proctitis are not present, no urge to defecate,no constipation, pus,blood, discharge or cramping.

JACUSTOMER-e6j81ulk- :

I will see a gastroeterolgist.

JACUSTOMER-e6j81ulk- :

Thank you