Health

Ask health experts and get answers to your health question ASAP

Is the white xanax bar marked P039, a fake?

Customer Question
I have a white xanax...

I have a white xanax bar that is marked P039, is this fake?

Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Health
11/9/2012
Health Professional: A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner replied 5 years ago
A. Schuyler, NP
A. Schuyler, NP, Nurse Practitioner

Welcome and thanks for your question.

Do you have a picture of the pill you could post?

I do not have a picture of the pill but it looks like a regular white Xanax bar except it has the extended release marking that usually goes on a yellow Xanax bar. Its simply a white Xanax bar that is marked R039 on one side and scores on the other side.

R039/P039 is the typical marking on a Xanax 2 mg from Actavis. No reputable generic producer is making them in white. I would toss the ones you have rather than chance a bad reaction.

There are fake makers in Pakistan and India that put gosh knows what in pills and sell them to unsuspecting people. The R039/P039 is only used by Actavis and their alprazolam is yellow, not white.

All the best.