Dr. R. Bora
Dr. R. Bora, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the emergency room.
11246089

Im a 27 year old male. Last night around 730pm I discovered

Im a 27 year old male. Last night around 730pm I discovered what im 90% sure to believe was a single hive on my inner thigh very high up that didnt itch. I remember getting hives when I was younger and I remember it looking about the same, however when I was younger there were alot more and larger and they itched. This was about the size of a dime.
I took a benadryl and went to visit some friends and returned home about 12pm and the hive was diminished a little. I took another benadryl and went to bed. I woke this morning and the hive was pretty much gone and all that remained was a little discolored spot.
My question is, could this be more serious than a hive? could it actually be related to some other disease or god forbid HIV or some other STD? I am sexually active but all my intercourse is with protection. But this occurence of the hive has me a little irrationally worried.
Dr. R. Bora :

Hello and welcome, I am happy to help you today.

Dr. R. Bora :

Any unprotected intercourse lately?

Dr. R. Bora :

Any rashes on your penis?

Dr. R. Bora :

The single "so called hive" could be a jock itch or fungal infection.

Dr. R. Bora :

If you get it again in and around the groin, you can use OTC antifungal ointments like mycostatin...

Customer:

Oh hello

Customer:

sorry ive never used this part of the site

Customer:

no unprotected intercourse...

Dr. R. Bora :

Thanks.

Customer:

last time i had sex was 3 weeks ago but i always use a condom

Customer:

nothing on my penis or genitalia

Dr. R. Bora :

So, as I said..one more possibility besides a hive is a jock itch due to fungal infection...

Customer:

the hive is already pretty much gone but is it safe to assume that anything more serious wouldnt be gone this fast?

Dr. R. Bora :

Yes, I agree with you.

Dr. R. Bora :

If you get t again, use anti fungals like mycostatin OTC cream.

Dr. R. Bora :

I hope my answer has helped you.

Please do not rate my answer if your question is not yet fully answered.You can simply ask further by using REPLY button and I will get back to you.

Please remember to rate me excellent service (or 4 or 3 positive rating)to give credit for my answer and time.We only receive credit for answering your question with a positive rating.Bonuses are warmly appreciated.

Customer:

ok excellent. I figured that was the case but I have severe anxiety when it comes to these things...thanks so much for your help

Dr. R. Bora :

You are most welcome...

Dr. R. Bora :

Thanks. GOOd luck.