How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Arun Phophalia Your Own Question
Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 35433
Experience:  MBBS, MS (General Surgery), Fellowship in Sports Medicine
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Arun Phophalia is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have fluid pouch in my abdomen they tested and no infection

This answer was rated:

have fluid pouch in my abdomen they tested and no infection in fluid sent me home. I now have twice as much swelling in my upper abdomen and hard pouch they partially drained is back and larger.


I am sorry that your question was unanswered for long.

What did your CT scan and blood work show?
Any significant past medical history?
What are your present symptoms?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ct showed fluid sack. Not a hernia. Nothing said about blood work. My pain level increases as I swell. Gastric bypass 6 yrs ago and uterine cancer 13 years ago

Thanks for the further detail.

Do you have bloating, gas, indigestion, acid reflux, constipation / diarrhea?
Are you consulting any specialist?
Was a biochemistry examination and cytology done of the abdominal fluid?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Fluid came back negative I guess cuz they never called. Loss of appetite, and shortness of breathe and pain rated at 8. I saw surgeon and he sent me home with view of fluid he took out. I am not sure if I should seek Er care or wait it out?

The severity of your symptoms would dictate the decision of going to ER. A pain of 8 point to severe symptoms and warrant to go to Emergency room. They would give some injectable analgesics to you. But ER is not the right place to give you the correct diagnosis. A fluid in abdomen will need following investigations;

1) A PPD test for the mycobacterial infection.
2) PET scan (positron emission tomography)
2) Tumor markers (blood work).

These should be able to pin point the cause.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

We have recently implemented a new rating and feedback system. Please be aware that you are rating my courtesy and service as a professional. If you have any questions whatsoever, or there is anything I can clarify for you, please temporarily bypass the rating system by clicking “Continue the Conversation” or "Reply."

Clicking either of the lowest two options reflects poorly on me so please reply to me if there is anything else I can do to help before choosing those options. I appreciate your patience while we work out the kinks. It's important to me that you are 100% satisfied with the service I have provided you. Thank you.
Dr. Arun Phophalia and 4 other Health Specialists are ready to help you