Nurse72
Nurse72, Nurse (RN)
Experience:  RN 20 years in health care. Available to answer your health questions
62535071

This week my psy group is doing discussion on these 4 question

This week my psy group is doing discussion on these 4 question we each have to ask 3 people and then compare everyone answers in the group so I thought I ask a professional for one of my people.
Do you have any senses which are stronger or weaker than your other senses?
Do you associate one sense in particular with memory or with any other mental functions like desire or disgust?
Do you ever feel like you use your senses in certain ways other people do not?
Have you ever noticed how you use your senses in tandem? For instance, most people feel a close connection between their sense of smell and their sense of taste.

Nurse72 : Thank you for your question. When is this due?
Customer:

I have to due group discussion on today so if you can answer today that will be fine. Thankyou

Nurse72 : Ok, no problem. Is their a word minimum?
Customer:

300 words. again thank you fo our help.. Sorry it takes me so long to answer I work a 14 hour shift.

Nurse72 : I'll have it ready by this afternoon
Customer:

ok thank you for your help.

Nurse72 :

Yes, I do feel that I have a very strong sense of smell. I am able to distinguish between

many very subtle odors especially food odors. I feel that my sense of smell is an important part of my food likes and dislikes. If something has an unusual odor I may try it however if it has a foul strong odor I am less likely to try to taste it. I do have to say that I enjoy many strange foods from different cultures and have been surprised to enjoy foods that don’t always have a pleasant taste. I believe this sense is also a protective mechanism to warn us of possible spoiled foods.

I most definitely associate my sense of hearing with many memories. Some memories are good and some bad ones. The reason I say this is because music and certain songs seem to bring me back to certain times in my life. I grew up in the 80’s and when ever I hear music from that era I have great memories of fun times with friends. My parents were big ABBA fans when I was a small child. When ever I hear a song from them I remember my father playing the music loud in his car while I sit in the back seat. I remember what the car looked like, how the weather was and how happy we were during that time.

I use my sense of touch in an unusual way. All of my life I can recall using fabric rolled through my fingers to get myself to sleep at night. For some reason the soft touch helps me to relax and distract me from the days busy activities. My children actually have similar habits at bed time. My daughter rubs her tummy with a blanket and my son rubs his face with his pillow case.

Yes, we all use our senses in tandem every day for many different tasks. For example every time we take a shower we use many of our senses. We use touch to test the temperature of the water. We use smell when we are using the shampoo and soap. We use our sight to make sure we are cleaning ourselves properly. We use our hearing to listen to the water turn on and the drain the tub. We can even use our sense of taste if we get water or soap in our mouths.