How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Su S Your Own Question
Dr. Su S
Dr. Su S, Doctor (MD)
Category: Health
Satisfied Customers: 20943
Experience:  25 years of clinical experience
Type Your Health Question Here...
Dr. Su S is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 67 years old and working part time. I have recently

Customer Question

I am 67 years old and working part time. I have recently stopped producing semen. I haven't had this happen before. There hasn't been as much semen produced lately but never stopped.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Health
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for using Just Answer. I am Dr. SS. I will try my best to help you. When did the symptom start? Do you have any other symptom? Did you consult doctor or have any test?
Best regards.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have taken several physicals in the last 6 mos including blood work. I had shown a slightly higher glucose level and a lower HDL level. I rec'd some instructions to deal with this by taking vitamin E and using cinamen (1/2 teaspoon) on my morning ceral, which I have. I have not asked anyone other than yourself about this as I have not encountered this before. My wife and I don''t have sex a lot but do try once a week. We have been married for 47 years and her urges are not as mine.
Expert:  Dr. Su S replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the input.
Low serum volume can occur with aging. This can be due to low testosterone level. Sometimes, there can be retrograde flow of semen. This can occur when there is any obstruction to semen flow or if there is backward flow. Prostate enlargement can be there. I would advise to have an examination by an urologist. He can take an examination of prostate, ultrasound, blood, urine tests.
If you have any query, please feel free to ask and continue conversation by using REPLY button. This will help me to explain further & satisfy you. PLEASE DO NOT RATE MY ANSWER TILL YOU WANT TO KNOW MORE and rate it as EXCELLENT / GOOD SERVICE when you are satisfied.

Related Health Questions