Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

Upper right pain radiating to back

Customer Question
upper right pain radiating to back
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Health
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/2/2012
Health Professional: RK, Doctor replied 5 years ago
RK
RK, Doctor
RK :

Hi

RK :

are you online?

Customer:

yes

RK :

welcome to Justanswer!

RK :

I need some more information before I can give my opinion

RK :

how long have you been having right upper quadrant pain?

Customer:

Thank you can you help?

RK :

RK :

are you there?

Customer:

2 yre ago l had terrible right side pain felt as though something went in my chest went to docs firstly told me l was astmatic gave me all sorts of inhalers & steriods but made me worse it emerged l was very annemic had iron infusion have gradually re built my strength but live with not being right tests so far show nothing but l can't exercise as l go quite giddy.seem to get ibs now too

RK :

you still have that right upper quadrant pain?

Customer:

yes it feels tight when l work in heat of kitchen it's uncomfortable & walking to school in cold

RK :

what tests have been done so far?

RK :

are you there?

Customer:

colonoscopy,endoscopy.chest x rayfor gall stones.all came back clear. they decided ibs which l think l do now have from mis diagnosis.but l know something has been missed

RK :

what worsens pain and what relieves it?

Customer:

the sunshine really helps on hol l felt free of it and have been ok over the summer but now back with avengence,certain foods make me feel poorly put l can't really out my finger on it

RK :

any medication that provides relief?

Customer:

l'm too frightened to take anything now as they fed me so much rubbish which caused probs l don't take anything!

RK :

does the pain disturb your sleep? what is your hemoglobin level?

Customer:

no l sleep very well now always tired though but my last bloods came up from 4 to normal 10 l think

RK :

10 is not normal. it should be at least 12

RK :

since it is not disturbing your sleep and that all the tests are normal, it looks more like functional abdominal pain

Customer:

ok not sure on that to be exact perhaps l'll check as doc said bloods were fine after infusion

RK :

correct your anemia if hemoglobin is low\

RK :

and you may need medications like amitryptyline which is helpful in functional abdominal pain

Customer:

so was is functional ab pain?

RK :

Functional abdominal pain is one in which tests done t find the cause will be normal and are without any alarm signs and symptoms.

Customer:

ok so am l possibly looking at medication to relax the muscles?

RK :

Yes and you can discuss with your doctor about taking amitryptyline

Customer:

ok thanks

Customer:

these are anti depressents!

RK :

In addition to antidepressant action, it also relieves nerve related pain and functional pain.

Customer:

i ended up in a&e last wek awful right side chest pain&lower right back pain again. all test clear sent back to docs who gave me diazapan of no effect haven't asked for anti depressent as l'm abit frightened too,not sure what to do?

Customer:

are you there?

RK
RK
RK, Doctor