Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I used to have shoulder pain on my right shoulder. It was a

i used to have shoulder...

i used to have shoulder pain on my right shoulder. It was a bothering sensation on one shoulder especially at night and afterwards it was quite painfull. I started taking anti-inflammatory medicine as my doctor prescribed me and no result at all. During the time i was taking mediactions by the way the pain has started to go to my left shoulder also, i continuing taking my medication with no results adn i was also using deep heat cream to ease my pain. Last 2 days feeling angry about drinking all this meds with no reason i stopped them and today feel fine. I am worried that the medication didn't work because this one was not an arthritis problem but it was hiv associated. I explained my exposure to my last post.  Should i take the answer i have been given that this was a zero risk exposure or not? and what do you think it was the cause for my shoulder pain?

10/2/2012
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician
Dr Brims :

Hello, welcome to Justanswer, I will try to assist you with your medical question, and any medical information you seek

Dr Brims :

Are you asking about shoulder pain or risk of exposure to HIV? They are 2 very separate issues

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

i am asking for both and if they are related

Dr Brims :

There is no relation between HIV and shoulder pain

Dr Brims :

I have read about your encounter, and there is very little chance of HIV transmission from what you described

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

well i dont think my situation can be described as a low risk, cause the question is if the condom broke or not, so i you cannot say low risk you can say risk or not? so what do you think do i need test or not?

Dr Brims :

If the condom was intact, then there is no risk, but I see you have asked this question multiple times which makes me think you have anxiety about the situation, and if you have anxiety about this then you should go for testing to relieve your anxiety

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

yeah

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

i have anxiety cause no one seems to be specific about this one question i am gonna make

is condom breakage catastrophic? thats all i want to know

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

i mean does it completely tear?

Dr Brims :

Yes, it tears completely

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

so about the shoulder pain now, why i was not responding to medication and during medication the pain got from one shoulder to the other?

Dr Brims :

That may be due to nerve irritation

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

cause my doctor said it was tendonitis and prescribed anti iflammatory drugs, and they didnt work, was he diagnosis wrong? i mean the pain went away by itself thats what worries me and also that it got from one shoulder to the other

Dr Brims :

It may be from tendinitis but it may also be from nerve irritation

Dr Brims :

Are you there?

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

so if it was from tendonitits why the medication wasnt working?

Dr Brims :

The dose may not have been high enough

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

elet me just ask a hypothetic question no, in cas that someone has hiv and he gets any arthritis problem like this medicines that apply to hiv negative poeple will apply to him also

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

?

Dr Brims :

Yes, the medicine will still apply, and HIV does not usually cause arthritis

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

okay man thx, i will leave this incident behind and move on.... i will actually think the chat think you provided was very helpfull

Dr Brims :

You're welcome, I am happy I could help

Dr Brims :

Please remember to rate the chat prior to exiting the session

JACUSTOMER-85uhpbr2- :

okay

Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician

so doctor last thing? would you as a doctor recommend testing fro hiv in this incident or not?

No, I would not recommend testing

you read my exposure befoe replying doctor right? just asking cause i want to be sure

I read it before replying

doctor, my shoulder pain is gone, but you havent yet answered one of my questions... why during the time i was taking medications the shoulder pain went from one shoulder to the other?

This was likely due to nerve irritation, which can move from one area to another

doctor, before i started having this hiv anxiety i wasnt hearing or listening everything about hiv/aids at all.... nowdays i am seeing almost everyday in the newspaper or on facebook or in the street things that have to do with hiv, i also dream that i am infected and i am infecting others... is this a sign or is it me driving crazy? i think i might need a test to calm down what do you think about all this?

It is from anxiety, you should have the test to ease your anxiety, there is no need to think you have HIV

i really want to, but i am afraid it will come back positive thats why i am not going for it

There is no use in you staying anxious and not testing yourself, please get the test so you will feel better

tomorrow i am gonna make the test so another last question to ease my mind, if the condom did not broke where did the cum go?

It was likely inside the condom

so why i didnt saw anything?

I'm sorry, I cannot answer that,I can only answer medical question, I am a doctor, so those are the limits of my expertise, I am not able to determine why you did not find semen
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims
Dr. Brims, U.S. Licensed Physician