Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

I sprained my ankle about 4 months ago. Very bad - ankle was

I sprained my ankle about 4 months ago. Very bad - ankle was purple and swolen with brusing. In three weeks ankle was fine. Issue is now I have soreness in both ankles where the tendons in both feet sieze up if sit and do not move for a few hours. While sitting will get cold sensation runnign down tendons. When i stand up to walk all strength drains from calfs and ankles, feels like ice is running down the tendons ( not in the muscles ) and takes 30 to 50 steps to get movement back. In those intial steps there is lack of stability in ankles and ability to adjust to uneven surfaces. Now these same symptoms are appearing in my right hand. tendons are sore and movement is restricted till i get things stretched out.
In both ankles and wrist/Hand the pain is substantial and then deceases to a dull ache once movement kicks in.
Advil or other over counter medication seems to have no effect on this.
I am 45, do not smoke, a bit over weights ( 40 lbs ) but do get out for exercise 2 times a week. I have an office job so sit for long periods of time and take several long airplane flights a week.
any thoughts on what this might be.
Hi--do you have any medical conditions and have you seen a doctor about all this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no medical conditions - no blood vessel issues, no high blood pressure that i know of etc. last check up two years ago only showed up that i had a high iron count in my blood. nothing else.

Have not seen my family doctor on this as have a new job that requires me to be on road monday to thursday and just have not had time to get in on a friday.

OK Any problem with weight gain, nail or hair or skin changes, bowel problems?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i have gained about 20lbs in past 6 months - new job has me eating out alot more. No nail or air problems. Do have lots of gas and loose stool ( mushy )

OK--sorry for the questions here but this sounds like a systemic problem and not with just the tendons themselves. While I can't give you just one diagnosis, the possibilites include an autoimmune disorder like lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, or polymyalgia rheumatica. Then there's thyroid, vitamin deficiencies, and potentially diabetes. All I can say is you need blood work and a medical evaluation to see exactly what's going on.