Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

I am 44 years old and I think I'm going through changes

hormonally. My reason for...
I am 44 years old and I think I'm going through changes hormonally. My reason for thinking this is, things that didn't cause me anxiety do now. One of the things I'm having a problem with is being in control of certain situations. I have an hour long commute in the morning and when the traffic starts to converge around me I get anxious. I think it's because I'm not in control of the situation at hand (i.e., if I wanted to, I couldn't get out of the car if I am stuck in traffic in the middle of the highway.) Once the traffic thins out, I begin to calm down. I never had that problem before so I am curious as to if there are any vitamin supplements that I can take that would help to balance out my hormones since I am getting older. I know my emotions are connected to my hormones and I really don't want to take medication for the anxiety because it is only temporary.
10/1/2012
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor

Hello, and I am pleased to help, use of my answers are for educational purposes only.

Hello, let me ask first - what medications, herbs, vitamins, etc are you using now, if any?

None. I do not take anything.

Hello

You might benefit form over the counter herbal products such as Chasteberry, Dong quai, Vitex and Black cohosh - these are available in most health food stores that you might benefit from given your description of events you have.

In addition, using the B-complex vitamins will help too with the situation(s) that you have.

And, there is also St John's Wort that you might benefit from using too.

I hope this helps

If you have more questions, please ask (please click on Reply - please do not click on bad/poor - that would hurt me).

Please click on EXCELLENT

thank you

Thank you for your response. What exactly would those supplements do?

You can get these supplements usually at most vitamin stores such as GNC or 'The Vitamin Shoppe'.

I hope this helps

Please click on EXCELLENT, this would be appreciated,

Thank you

Will they be able to tell me what these supplements help do?

Will the employees at these stores be able to tell me what these supplements do?

IF the employees are knowledgable in the subject matter, they should be able to help you. But, I'm assuming you were asking me as to what can help you with these supplements and why I suggested them

Is that correct?

Yes, you told me what would help, but not how they would help. If I were to take something I'd like to know what they rectify.

Are you asking what Each can do for you?

I guess a better question would be do they all work together to cause a hormonal balance or does each one do something different for the female body?

Would you like to explain why I am suggesting each of these - such as to what they can each do to help you/?

Yes please....it would help me to understand.

Hello the herbs such as Chasteberry, Vitex, dong quai, and black cohosh can help to increase your estrogen levels and help with your symptoms.

The B vitamins - help with energy which many people can use this too.

And, the St John's Wort this can help with the occassional anxiety that you might experience.

I hope this helps.

Please click on EXCELLENT

thank you

Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen
Dr. Owen, Doctor