Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Over 20 yrs of Family Practice
18722459

Im a 31 y/o female and Ive been experiencing some itching

I'm a 31 y/o female and I've been experiencing some itching on my labia majora (left side only) with some bumps but not in cluster, puss forming, or sores. They were only seen for 2 days then went away. The itching however is constant. I got an STD and pap screening last month. All test resulting in normal. I also notice that I had a cold sore on my upper lip on my face that doesn't seem to heal but re-occur. I instantly thought of herpes but I'm not sure since I got a negative on my STD screening. Could it be something else? I'm a little worried.
HI--what exactly did the bumps look like and are you saying there's been no change in skin color as in a rash?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

they were a little red like it was irritated.

And now a normal appearance but still itching?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It just looks a lil raw and dry from the itching. So it's slightly lighter in skin color from dryness. It feels a little sore from the itching.

OK. You're correct--not herpes. Sounds like you may have a bit of a yeast or fungal infection in the labia or a contact dermatitis. You could try some Lamisil cream three times a day for a week it it doesn't resolve in another day or so.