Health

Ask Health Experts and Get Answers to Your Health Question ASAP

Health

During ...ahem...strenuous physical activity with my

husband,,I began to have very...
During ...ahem...strenuous physical activity with my husband,,I began to have very severe sharp pain in my head, temples, ears...really all over my head...I felt like I could not take my hands off of my head the pain was so bad...took glasses and headband off right away and felt that I needed to stand up...I took a baby asprin....After about ten minutes it subsided. Two days later I still have somewhat of a headache lingering. Taking sinus medicine. I am 54 ...
10/1/2012
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)

Associated stuffy nose,clogged ears?

Dizziness?

Phlegm at back of throat?

Ear discharge and pain?

Have you monitored your blood pressure?

Any other medical history?

Are you taking any medications?

Nausea and vomiting?

Heaviness/tightness in chest?

Yes a bit of drainage last few weeks...one ears a little clogged ...blood pressure is ussually pretty low but have not taken it recently...I take thyroid med sertraline and zertec daily. I was nauseaus the day after all day long. No heavy ness or tightness in chest...I do smoke...wanna quit so bad

Thanks for providing more information.

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Well as you describe possible cause may include Sinus infection and Eustachian tube dysfunction.

And you need to monitor your blood pressure as well.

You should do steam inhalation and saline gargles.

Also take OTC Motrin for pain relief.

Try OTC Sudafed decongestant for short term use.

Use nasal saline spray.

As you have ear drainage so possible there is associated ear infection.

So having said this,you need to be seen by an ENT specialist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Antibiotics may be prescribed.

I hope this helps.

Please rate me highly (Star 5 Great Service), if you are satisfied with our conversation.

If you have any further query then feel free to ask.

Bonus and positive feedback are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil
Dr. Anil, Doctor (MD)